Sunday 3 October 2010

Haslingden Festival Schools Concert June 1959






(Click over photo to enlarge)

Click over to enlarge
Click over to enlarge

This was a collective massed choir from four Haslingden Schools and involved 200 pupils. There are lots of people I can remember on the photo, I have named some below. And I can also remember my headmaster at St. James which was Mr. Rawlinson, who conducted the choir. Also I remember the Chairman Mr. Parker who was the headmaster at St. Johns Stonefold, and lived on Rising Bridge Road (Hud Hey end), close to where I used to live. (Please click over photo once to enlarge.

Some of the participants I can recognize include: Maisie Booth RIP, Kath Waller RIP, Doreen Rushton RIP, Lynn Hargreaves RIP, Mary Harrison RIP, Jean Smith (1), Jim Rushton, Brian (Yap) Wilson, Ann Friend, Miss Dickinson Catrina Pickup, Pauline Stott, Dorothy Barnes, Margaret Singleton, Brian Lees (flogger), Arthur Diggle, Maureen Ashton, John Jennings, Sherry Holden, David Cole, Jennifer Edwards, Stuart Bickford, David Wise, Vivien Collinge, Joan Costain, Miss Pittman, Miss Barrow, John Beech, David Taylor, David Blomley, Jean Smith (2) etc.

Thanks to Jim Nuttall for kindly sending these photos.